Ice is pretty much ready to go. Just a few key tasks and a lot of cleaning up before the first Home games this weekend. Between tonight and tomorrow afternoon and evening we should be able to get 'er licked.
A couple quick notes for when you come out. There is a sign up sheet to log your hours. Just put down your name, the team your skater will be on this season, answer a couple COVID-related questions (Fever? Close contact with positive case?), and the number of hours worked. Masks, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies will be available.
The work hours requirement will be five hours per family, not per skater. If more than one person from your family shows up to work you can count the hours for each person that worked.
Please contact me with any questions. Contact information below.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3 4:00PM - 9:00PM
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4 12:00PM - 9:00PM
PRIMARY TASK LIST
- Set up boards - stage 1 of 2. (done)
- Tape along the bottom of the boards and the seams between boards. (done)
- Fasten steel clip strips along the bottom of the boards. (done)
- Roll out coils. (done)
- Fasten coils to end boards. (done)
- Pull coils to flatten. (done)
- Assemble header pipe. (done)
- Re-pull coils to flatten. (done)
- Pressure test coils, repair leaks, and connect to header pipe. (done)
- Re-re-pull coils to flatten. (done)
- Set up boards - stage 2 of 2. (done)
- Put sand down along the inside of the boards. (done)
- Paint the ice. (done)
- Put down vinyl lines, circles, logo, etc. (done)
- Put up glass. (85% done)
- Install support channels along bottom of glass. (50% done)
- Assemble penalty boxes/scorers table. (75% done)
- Assemble players benches. (80% done)
- Hang netting. (20% done)
SECONDARY TASK LIST
- Put mats down in concession area and locker room hallway. (95% done)
- Put mats down in bathrooms and bathroom hallway. (95% done)
- Assemble Home locker rooms. (done)
- Put mats down in Home locker rooms. (done)
- Lay out vinyl ice markings in Home locker rooms and hallway to flatten them out. (done)
- Finish Visitor locker rooms. (75% done)
- Bring in bleachers.
- Lay mats down in rink area.
- Put up Zam wall.
- Start doing some cleaning and organizing.
USEFUL ITEMS IF YOU HAVE THEM
- Screw guns, impact drivers.
- Socket drivers (3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 3/4", 15/16").
- Work gloves, knee pads.
- 6' step ladders.